Sunday, January 30, 2011

Diaper Venture

Over the last months I have been on a venture to find the best diaper for my newborn. I used disposable Pampers diapers with my first child and was pleased until Pampers switched to their dry max formula. My daughter and many other children experienced severe reactions from these diapers. We decided to start potty training and switch to a different brand of training pants. However, I do not want the same problem with my next child, so I started looking into alternative diaper options.

I quickly found that the best option for my newborn will be cloth diapers. Cloth diapers are free of all the harsh chemicals that diaper companies currently use in their products. Cloth diapers are also the most eco-friendly diaper option available. (Each year nearly 23 billion disposable diapers go into U.S. landfills, which take approximately 500 years to decompose.) Another benefit of using cloth diaper are the hundreds of dollars you will save each year.

Although all these facts sound wonderful, I will admit that I was a bit nervous to use cloth diapers. I immediately pictured the old school bulky cloth diapers with safety pins that my parents used (props to Dad & Mom). However, cloth diapers are totally revamped with countless easy options that are convenient  for busy parents. I highly suggest visiting your local Cotton Babies store or online at http://www.cottonbabies.com to learn more about cloth diaper options.

Flip Cover
After doing tons of research on cloth diapers, we are choosing the Flip System by Cotton Babies. The Flip System is a hybrid cloth diapering system with multiple options. There is a one-size adjustable cover offered in a variety of cute colors with snap closers or hook and loop velcro closers. There are also three insert options with the Flip System: stay-dry cloth inserts, organic cloth inserts, or disposable dye-free inserts. This is a great option for classic prefolds too.

Flip Cover Features
Flip Cover Adjustable Snap System

1 comment: